Monday, May 15, 2017

Naval Landing Party

I was going back through my Napoleonics the other day and realized that I have a bunch of Royal Navy sailors and marines that I have not done anything with in years. With my recent renewed interest in naval miniatures, I decided to invest in a few more small boats to ferry these troops to shore with.

I posted pictures recently of my Tripoli gun boat and two small row boats from Sea Dog Studios. These are great ships. I will add a sail to the gunboat whenever I get to work on it. To compliment these, I have ordered a few more small ships from Sea Dog as well. There is an armed pinnace that has a small carronade on the bow. And I picked up a cutter (large row boat) from them as well. These are all in 15mm. I did not stop there. Old Glory shipyards had some rowboats as well. Two versions - sailed and rowed. I picked up a pack of each. This should give me more than enough to carry off either a cutting out expedition with Sharp Practice or to do a naval landing operation. I am thinking of running a Sharp Practice campaign using them.

But I also want to do some more with my AWI naval stuff. Sea Dog was doing a launch sail for a new 6mm ship that they made. I added this and some 6mm terrain from them to my order. This should get me started for my first couple of scenarios.

Now to only set up my new cabinets and put all of my stuff in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment