Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Naval Landing Party & More 6mm Naval

I just got in a new order from Sea Dog Studios. They ran a special on their FB page for a new 18 gun Brig-Sloop in 6mm that they had done. What I liked about this one is that the guns are part of the casting rather than the separate guns as on their previous 6mm models. I also picked up some islands and buildings in 6mm as well. These are very nice pieces that should go well with my planned scenarios. Langton does a shore battery in 6mm that I may need to pick up at some point.

I also picked up two more row boats from them. These are larger row boats that can be sailed. One is an armed pinnace and the other is a cutter. The gun to the bow of the pinnace is removable. They did not come with masts but they have a hole where a mast can be mounted. I will probably add masts to both and make them removable like they are for the 6mm ships. I am very happy with these boats. This brings my total of 15mm ships to a 26 gun frigate, a tripoli Gunboat, two dingys, an armed pinnace and a rowed cutter.

I have ordered 8 more rowboats to support a landing operation or cutting out expedition. These will be from Old Glory. I also ordered the rowing figures from Peter Pig's pirates range. The plan is to paint up the rowers so they can be dropped in on any of the row boats. These sailors should be generic enough that they could be used for anything. Eventually, I would like to buy some seated Marines and soldiers that I can put on the ships as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment