Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Naval Forces have Arrived

I just got the order I placed with Sea Dog Studios for some of their 15mm ships. I picked up a Triopolitan War Gun Boat, Two dinghies and two ship wreck markers. The ship wreck markers are nice and generic in that they are crows nests that stick out of the water.

The gun boat is very nice. These would have been equipped with a single lanteen sail. It has a bow mounted gun that is either a carronade or a long gun. It comes with a blank mount, a carronade and a long gun.

What to do with them? Well I will use them initially for my Napoleonics. I have a British Royal Navy landing force for Sharp Practice. Plenty of Marines and sailors ready to go. I will probably get some men rowing from Peter Pig and put them in the dinghies. I am seeing the gun boat being a tender for my 26 gun frigate. It will provide cover for the landing force. I need some more row boats.

Eventually, if my Brookhurst Hobby order ever shows up, I will use them for a Pirate game as well.

Sea Dog has a number of useful bits that they don't carry on their website. You have to look at their Facebook page and go through the pictures to see what they have. The scenic items are really nice. There are market stalls, furniture, barrels, dock pieces, and a fort. They also have some of the same in 28mm as well. Most of these items they drag to shows that they attend to sell there. They will let you order from them if you just shoot them an email.

I am not interested in duplicating my 6mm fleet in 15mm. I am only interested in small ships to support a landing force. Today. Who know what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment