Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Sharp Practice 2 - AWI Loyalist Forces

I have finally gotten around to taking a picture of what I have so far. I have what I think is a basic force for Sharp Practice II. I still need the final rules to figure it out.

First is three groups of New Jersey Provincials with two officers. I have one more group on painting sticks. I have at least one other group worth of them in raw metal.

Then there is two groups of Provincial Light Infantry from the Delancey Brigade. I have two men left of painting sticks to round these up. I have another two groups of these guys in raw metal as well. We will see if I get around to them.

Lastly, I have a group of six Light infantry skirmishers from the NJ Provincials. That should round out my core force.

For support units, I have an unpainted group of 8 British Legion Cavalry. Next is a light gun with a four man crew and a limber. I actually have three limbers. Next I have a water cart, an ammunition cart and an engineer's cart.

I have a number of other miniatures that I can paint up. But these are the ones I will use initially.

4 comments:

  1. Delighted to see you are still involved in Sharp Practice. I will not soon forget the game we played with Mark Luther at Gigabites where your force spent the whole game without ever being activated!
    Doug Acker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that game. That was fun. Yes, never left SP. The new rules should prevent that from happening if you manage your cards well.

      Delete
  2. My fav SP game is probably the blowing of the dike bridge outside Savannah. The Irish French were on the end of the bridge when it was blown. I'm hoping that SP2 plays as well. Of course, one problem was getting players to get in character. I spent hours coming up with backstory and random events and it was pretty much just eh meh from the majority of dice rollers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great game. Can never predict what the players will do.

      Delete